6LD High Speed Leak Detector
This unit is capable of testing up to 9500 small containers (less than 120 ml) per hour on a single head and still find 0.2 mm (0.008 inch) holes at this rate. This is aimed for use with machines where the annual production rate > 20 million bottles per year . With a Vacuum conveyor we have been able to increase test rates beyond 11,000 per hour on one head. This unit can replace the need for multi-head testers even in some cases units with up to 5 heads.
The PLUS model is an has many more features than the 4LD with enhanced facilities such as,
- Improved drive allowing higher test rates and enhanced software
- Improved test circuitry for faster test times.
- Auto tuning software for ease of use + self test
- Faster to set up, easier for operators to use.
- Able to handle odd shape bottle better as holding masks are not required.
- Simple eject under the head.
- Less cost than a lot of machines which have a lot less performance.
The unit has high accuracy and is able to find very small holes, if time permits holes far smaller than 0.17 mm can be found.
Rather than using a generic controller, our proprietary electronic controller is designed specifically for bottle leak detection. Coupled with our ongoing commitment to technical improvement and innovation, this has ensured that the 6LD has remained at the forefront of leak detection technology. With test rates of up to 9500 bottles per hour*, the 6LD has the capacity to maintain optimal production and up to 11,000 with a vacuum conveyor. The vacuum conveyor has increased test rates on unstable bottles by up to 280% in some cases.
Even at high-speed test rates, the 6LD will comfortably find holes as small as 0.17mm. Far smaller holes may be found by using increased test times.
Fully adjustable, Fully customised
Every Profile Solutions leak detector is fully adjustable for a wide range of bottles and production situations. Bottles from 50mL to 10L can be tested on a standard machine. Our modular conveyor design ensures that virtually any conveyor configuration can be easily accommodated. Every machine is built to be integrated into your existing production lines.
Easy to Use
Advanced features such as Auto Tune and Self Test take the hard work out of setting up and fine tuning the 6LD. This minimises the down time when changing bottle lines. Intuitive controls and simple adjustments dramatically reduce staff training times.
- Our own custom built controller with a 2 x 20 character LCD display.
- All main parameters show on top layer of display with hot keys for easy direct adjustment of main parameters whilst running.
- INNOVATIVE Menu system for access to less used parameters and selecting and adjusting options.
- Integrated 5 digit pass and fail counters.
- Very versatile able to test bottles from 50 ml to 6.
- Smaller bottles can be tested using our smaller bottle eject kit.
- Most mechanical adjustments for head height and conveyor height have tool free adjustable levers. The machine has been designed for easy adjustment.
- Variable speed drive AND adjustable acceleration and deceleration control.
- Standard software for inclusion/web testing in all machines.
- Very High quality components used throughout to provide a long service life at high test rates.
- Options such as our unique SELF TEST, Batch Counting and various conveyor layouts are available. Please click HERE for further detail.
- Typically able to test most bottles for a 0.17 mm hole of less than 0.5 litters at 3000-11,0000 BPH, 1 litre at 2000-5200 per hour, 2 litters at 1800-3600 per hour and 5 litters at 500-1100 per hour. Test resolution to 0.01 Kpa
* PLEASE NOTE several factors effect test rates and please click HERE for further information.
Some of our more popular options include:
- Smaller or larger (than 54mm standard) test heads (We recommend our 30LD leak detector for testing bottles larger than 10L)
- Inclusions heads for checking blocked necks
- Longer or shorter (than 800mm standard) conveyors, mix and max the infeed lengths and outfeed sections to what you want. Easily changed years after purchase.
- Side transfer or 90-degree conveyors
- Higher or lower (than 550mm- 1130mm standard) conveyors, with electric and manual spindle height control. Wider for up to 10L (2.5 US Gal.).
- We can also supply collating tables, bagging machines, CNC bottle palletiser, pallet dispensers, and bottle weighing systems.
(BPH-bottles per hour)
|Up to 150 ml
(1.2 -1.5 US Gal)
|Test rates are a guide only
This table is indicative of bottle test rates which can vary greatly according to the size style of bottle shape & its rigidity
Still not fast enough?
If you require even faster test rates, our multi head or travelling head range (3 types) of leak detectors should meet your requirements for speeds of up to > 30,000 bottle per hour.