4LD Medium Speed Model
This budget unit is capable of testing up to 4000 containers per hour on a single head and still find 0.17 mm (0.0007 inch) holes at this rate. This is aimed for use with machines where the annual production rate is up A MAXIMUM OF 15-20 million bottles ( SMALLER BOTTLES) per year with 1,2, 3 and 4 cavity production.
- The machine has all the ease of use of our higher speed models.
- The unit has high accuracy and is able to find very small holes. If time permits far smaller than 0.2 mm.
- The unit has high accuracy and is able to find very small holes, if time permits far smaller than 0.2 mm. Even though this is our slowest machine it has the same test accuracy and resolution as the faster models. It just takes longer to do the test.
Even at high-speed test rates, the 4LD will comfortably find holes as small as 0.17mm (7 thou in). Far smaller holes may be found by using increased test times.
Fully adjustable, Fully customised
Every Profile Solutions leak detector is fully adjustable for a wide range of bottles and production situations. Bottles from 30mL to 6L can be tested on a standard machine. Our modular conveyor design ensures that virtually any conveyor configuration can be easily accommodated. Everymachine is built to be integrated into your existing production lines.
Easy to Use
Intuitive controls and simple adjustments dramatically reduce staff training times, and minimise down time when changing bottle lines.
- Our own custom built controller with a 2 x 20 character LCD display.
- All main parameters show on top layer of display with hot keys for easy direct adjustment of main parameters whilst running.
- INNOVATIVE Menu system for access to less used parameters and selecting and adjusting options.
- Integrated 5 digit pass and fail counters.
- Two test methods, accessed from the menu.
- Very versatile able to test bottles from 50 ml to either 6 or 10 litres ( with spacer kit).
- Smaller bottles can be tested using our smaller bottle eject kit.
- Most mechanical adjustments for head height and conveyor height have tool free adjustable levers. The machine has been designed for easy adjustment.
- Made to fit inside blow moulding machines to take up little floor space.
- Variable speed drive with linear acceleration/deceleration adjustment.
- Standard software for inclusion/web testing in all machines.
- High quality components used throughout.
- Options such as our unique SELF TEST, Batch Counting and various conveyor layouts are available. Please click HERE for further detail.
- Typically able to test most bottles for a 0.17 mm hole of less than 0.5 litres at up to 4000 per hour, 0.5-1litre at 1500-2500per hour and 2.0 litres at 1000-1600 per hour and 5 litres at 400-600 per hour. Test resolution to 0.01 Kpa
Some of our more popular options include:
- Self Test function â€“ assists with the fine tuning of the machine, does not waste bottles.
- Smaller or larger (than 54mm standard) test heads (We recommend our 30LD leak detector for testing bottles larger than 10L)
- Inclusions heads for checking blocked necks
- Longer or shorter (than 800mm standard) conveyors, mix and max the infeed lengths and outfeed sections to what you want. Easily changed years after purchase.
- Side transfer or 90-degree conveyors
- Higher or lower (than 550mm – 1130mm standard) conveyors, with electric and manual spindle height control. Wider for up to 10L (2.5 US Gal.).
- We can also supply collating tables, bagging machines, CNC bottle palletiser, pallet dispensers , and bottle weighing systems.
(BPH-bottles per hour)
|Up to 150 ml
(1.2 -1.5 US Gal)
||2900 – 3600
||2700 – 300
||1800 to 2500
||1350 – 1500
||450 – 650
|Test rates are a guide only
This table is indicative of bottle test rates which can vary greatly according to the size style of bottle shape & its rigidity
Still not fast enough?, or too fast?
If you require faster test rates, we recommend our Model 6LD leak detector for up to 11,000 tests per hour on one head or our new 2LD for rates up to 2400 test per hour if your production rate is low.
Can you afford not to have bottle leak detection?
In an increasingly competitive bottle production market, ensuring the quality of your final product is absolutely vital. By rejecting leaking bottles at the point of manufacture, you can ensure that your clients do not become your de facto testers and ex-clients. With test rates of up to 4000+ bottles per hour*, the 4LD has the capacity to provide assurance and maintain optimal production fro production from medium speed machinery.